Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Kodak announces a new film!

You can read the info here:


I never used the portra films this new one is replacing, but I can understand how some people might be a little upset over this news. We photographers get attached to our stuff, especially when we've been working with it for a while and have come to really understand how it will translate our vision into a frozen two-dimensional image. Still, the notion that Kodak is still spending money on R&D for new film stocks is one I am happy to hear. I've only recently begun playing around with their latest film, Ektar 100, and although I feel that the colors are perhaps a bit too much for my work in general (it's fabulous shot through a holga, however), I can really appreciate it's virtues: fine grain and it takes wonderfully to scanning. If this new 400 is comparable to the ektar 100 in those respects, it's well worth giving it a try.   

All that said, if Kodak comes after my 160NC, there's gonna be trouble...

No comments:

Post a Comment